Saturday, January 16, 2010

JavaEE 6 - first impression

Hi

I've had some delay checking out the latest stuff on JavaEE 6 but finally I've done some looking around and I must honestly say that it is really impressed!

Using maven I've created 4 projects: parent, EJB, WAR and an EAR to house the others. It was relatively easy so I'd say in a scale from 1 to 10 I'd give it an 6 (the same thing using NetBeans scores a complete 10). I've implemented a EJB bean (just a class with one annotation - @Stateless - so the score is 9 because Java is just too damn verbose) and a servlet that uses that bean (that has scored a 6 because of the web.xml part, but maybe there's something new I didn't read about yet to raise the score).

Overall it was very pleasing to see the EJB part without XML configuration whatsoever :)

If you want you can check it out here.


Have fun!

No comments: