Thursday, August 23, 2012

GGTS 3.0 - first dissapointment

For the longest time I've tried and tried to use the navigation aids in STS (now GGTS) to move around between the controller and view. This feature is there in VS since forever and the buttons to do the same in STS have been around on the toolbar for a long time now. Unfortunately they don't do much..


You can torture them all you want but the navigation from within a controller action like
class HomeController {
    def index = {
        [ message: "Hello, world!" ]
    }
doesn't seem to bother those buttons much. Same for navigation from the view - or should I rather say it's the only "true teller in the bunch" as it stays inactive forever and for always...

I know, I know... I'm complaining again about new software and guys from SpringSource have done a tremendously good job and all that and I should stop yammering and congratulate them. But what should I do when the tooltip over the "T" icon says "Open the corresponding TagLib" and when I click on it while editing a controller it opens a "Create a new TagLib" wizard? Same thing with services and the "S" button. Guys, come on! Can't you at long last fix this disaster?

Anyways, I'll give it a try and let you know what I think about the functionality that actually works.

No comments: